and the ontology of symmetries in physics
3-4 Jul 2017 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
• Note that many names of places and institutions in Belgium, particularly in Brussels, have a French and a Dutch version.
• Note also that sometimes French and Dutch versions of the same name refer to different institutions.
• By plane:
• By train or bus:
> A useful website is SNCB/NMBS-Europe.
• By train:
> Use suburban trains (line S8) to go from Brussels to Louvain-la-Neuve - Université directly (last stop). Use fast IC trains (line 161) to go from Brussels, Namur or Luxembourg to Ottignies and change there to Louvain-la-Neuve - Université (1 stop from Ottignies). Do not go to Louvain / Leuven which is a different city. See SNCB/NMBS route planner and timetables.
• By bus:
> Use express bus lines to arrive to Louvain-la-Neuve - Gare d'autobus (last stop) from Brussels' Delta metro station (metro line 5 bus line C) or Roodebeek, Vandervelde or Kraainem metro stations (metro line 1 bus line C bis). Note that there are no buses on Saturdays and Sundays. See TEC website.
• There are plenty of hotels and other types of accommodation in Brussels. You may like the neighbourhoods of Brussels-Central, Louise and Merode. Avoid the district of Brussels-Nord. Note that Schuman is closed during summits.
• For transport within Brussels (metro, premetro, tram, bus) see STIB/MIVB website.
• There is an Ibis Styles hotel in Louvain-la-Neuve. Rooms may run out fast so booking should be made in advance.
• Some university rooms may be available, few minutes from both the train and bus stations and the conference venue. Contact the organisers for help with reservation if interested.